The Electric, Norwich c. 1915

£35.00

Norwich’s Silent Cinemas. A collection of black & white collages of glamorous buildings that no longer exist.

The Electric opened its doors on Prince of Wales Road in 1912, showing variety shows and films. It reopened as the Norvic in 1949 and finally closed in 1959 after it’s last show ‘Wild in the Country’ and was eventually demolished in 1961 to make way for office space.

Original handmade recycled paper collage digitally printed onto Hahnemühle German Etching 310gsm paper.

20 × 20 cm

Unframed.

Limited edition of 4.

Quantity:
Add To Cart

Norwich’s Silent Cinemas. A collection of black & white collages of glamorous buildings that no longer exist.

The Electric opened its doors on Prince of Wales Road in 1912, showing variety shows and films. It reopened as the Norvic in 1949 and finally closed in 1959 after it’s last show ‘Wild in the Country’ and was eventually demolished in 1961 to make way for office space.

Original handmade recycled paper collage digitally printed onto Hahnemühle German Etching 310gsm paper.

20 × 20 cm

Unframed.

Limited edition of 4.

Norwich’s Silent Cinemas. A collection of black & white collages of glamorous buildings that no longer exist.

The Electric opened its doors on Prince of Wales Road in 1912, showing variety shows and films. It reopened as the Norvic in 1949 and finally closed in 1959 after it’s last show ‘Wild in the Country’ and was eventually demolished in 1961 to make way for office space.

Original handmade recycled paper collage digitally printed onto Hahnemühle German Etching 310gsm paper.

20 × 20 cm

Unframed.

Limited edition of 4.